What Carboxytherapy can do for you?
Worldwide, Carboxytherapy (Carbon Dioxide Therapy) is rapidly becoming known as the leading skin rejuvenation treatment. It is a safe, minimally invasive clinically proven method to rejuvenate, restore, and recondition the skin and treat loose skin (due to ageing or post pregnancy) cellulite, resistant fat and stretch marks.
- Diminishes cellulite and resistant fat deposits
- Fades stretch marks
- Brightens and firms the eye contour area
- Tightens loose skin
- Improves venous insufficiency and varicose veins and spider veins
- Treat wounds and scars and more…
How does it work?
Therapy involves injecting tiny amounts of Carbon dioxide (CO2) beneath the skin to break down fatty deposits and stimulate collagen production. The treatment has no downtime and a single session can take between fifteen minutes and an hour. Carboxy therapy infuses CO2 just beneath the skin’s surface; the body interprets this as an oxygen deficit and responds by providing a surge of oxygen and nutrients to the treated area and improves circulation, resulting in cell restoration. This Increased oxygen concentration also improves the water retention or oedema in the area.
For a dermal effect which reduces fine lines, wrinkles and stretch marks, this increased blood flow stimulates collagen, which will soften fine wrinkles and decreases dark circles under the eye. Long term collagen is stimulated with more regular sheets of collagen laid down.
Frequently Asked Questions
What areas and problems are treated with Carboxytherapy?
- Stretch Marks due to new collagen stimulation and remodelling and contraction down the line
- Breaks down unwanted fatty deposits.
- Cellulite by improving circulation to the affected area dramatically
- Dark Circles by increasing the oxygenation of this poorly perfused area
- Eye Bags are reduced by skin tightening and modest fat reduction ( see before & after photos)
- Lax skin due to new collagen stimulation and remodelling and contraction down the line
- Wrinkled Décolleté due to new collagen formation
- Saggy bottom due to new collagen stimulation and remodelling and contraction down the line
- Saggy Knees due to new collagen stimulation and remodelling and contraction down the line Flabby ankles
- Hair loss or Alopecia by stimulating hair growth factors
- Acne by destroying the bacteria causing the acne P acnes
- Acne Scars – stimulates new collagen formation.
- Improves Saggy Brown Elbows due to new collagen stimulation and remodelling and contraction down the line
- Lax skin on arms due to new collagen stimulation and remodelling and contraction down the line
- Wound healing (as in diabetic ulcers) is assisted by dramatically
- Venous insufficiency is treated by improving circulation to the affected area resulting in varicose veins and spider veins being improved by shunting blood away from these problem areas
- Post liposuction by improving and reducing fatty irregularities
- Before a surgical procedure such as a surgical facelift to improve wound healing and tissue perfusion. This is especially significant in smokers who have poorly perfused tissues.
How does Carboxytherapy work for dark circles and bags under the eyes?
One major cause of dark under eye circles is vascular pooling. The capillary network of the lower eyelids can become congested for a variety of reasons. Normally, the tears drain from the eyelids into the nose, but if there is some obstruction due to chronic nasal congestion from seasonal allergies, previous nasal fracture, or a deviated septum, the drainage doesn’t function well, and the blood flow to the lower eyelids becomes sluggish, giving rise to the boggy blue tinge known casually as “allergic shiners.” The lack of appropriate oxygenation to the lower eyelid skin allows the bluish cast to show through the thin skin of the eyelids. Carboxytherapy works to improve the capillary network of the lower eyelids, as well as to increase the dermal collagen layer in the lower eyelid skin. By injecting a small amount of carbon dioxide gas into the affected areas, blood flow is increased and improved capillary networks are formed for longer lasting circulatory benefit. The bluish cast is replaced with a healthy pink tone. Once a series of treatments is completed, the skin has a more luminous appearance that lasts approximately six months.
Can Carboxytherapy be combined with other treatments?
- For patients with Stretch marks, Carboxytherapy therapy into the stretch marks stimulates collagen production which then remodels and shrinks the stretch mark to improve the appearance. Dramatic results are achieved when used in combination with Dermapen (micro-needling).
- For cellulite, Carboxytherapy can be safely combined with Silhouette Cellulite treatment similar to Endermologie.
- For body sculpturing, Carboxyterapy can be combined with Fat dissolving injections for centimetre loss.
- Post liposuction irregular adiposities which are a common phenomenon, are evened out.
- For hair loss treatments, Carboxytherapy is combined with mesotherapy with growth factors and peptides to stimulate hair growth.
Can all skin types be safely treated with Carboxytherapy?
Carboxytherapy safely treats all skin types without significant pain or down-time. It can erase centimetres of the areas treated and the appearance of cellulite is noticeably improved in only 6 to 12 treatment sessions one week apart.
Many patients benefit from visiting DermaCare to have a customised treatment plan worked out for them. If you are interested in Carboxytherapy treatments please book an appointment and let the team of experts customise a treatment protocol tailored to you.
Before & After